Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening (Afif)

Do you ever find yourself speaking too soon?
Yes.

- If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
  I can stop getting distracted by other things around me. I also can maintain eye contact with the speaker.

- Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share?
  Yes.

- How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
  I wait patiently until the person is done with his/ her statement.

- What else can you do to prepare for conservations with others?
  I can get my conservation planned out so that I know what to say.

- Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
  It depends on the type of question that we are asking.

- How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
  It makes me feel frustrated when I am cut of in the middle and maybe my impression of the person would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment