Do you ever find yourself speaking too soon?
- If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
I can stop getting distracted by other things around me. I also can maintain eye contact with the speaker.
- Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share?
- How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
I wait patiently until the person is done with his/ her statement.
- What else can you do to prepare for conservations with others?
I can get my conservation planned out so that I know what to say.
- Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
It depends on the type of question that we are asking.
- How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
It makes me feel frustrated when I am cut of in the middle and maybe my impression of the person would change.