Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening (Wun Juan)

Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon? 
Yes. I find myself speaking up too soon sometimes.

-If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen? 
I will try to tell myself to stop wanting to speak, and try to change my mindset into listening. I also can try to pay attention by having eye contact with the speaker.

-Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share? 
Yes, when I have many ideas to share, I will want to jump in.

-How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
I will try to wait for the speaker to say finish what he/she have to say, and wait for the proper opportunity to share. This will be more polite rather than just interrupting the speaker.

-What else can you do to prepare for conversations with others? 
We can prepare by asking them or raising up your hand to signal that you are going to converse with the others.

-Can we ask them up front what they are looking for? (advice, a sounding board, solutions) 
Its depends on what type of questions that we came out with.

-How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your though
I find it quite difficult sometimes to remember what I am going to say as I am being cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment