Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening Individual Reflection (Muhammad Ibrahim Bin Azmansah 12)


Do you ever find yourself speaking up to soon?
Yes
-If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
I will try to relax myself and my mind to wait for the person to ask for my opinion, suggestions or comments.
-Do you ever find yourself waiting to jump in because you are eager to share?
Yes but not always.
-How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
I would try to empathize the person talking so that i can channel my excitement into listening
-What else can you do to prepare for conversations with others?
think of the topic and think of how to elaborate and answer questions that might be asked
-Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
(advice, a sounding board, solutions)
No, we should slowly start the conversation and soon enough he/she can state what they are looking for so that they do not feel awkward.
-How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
I would feel annoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment