Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening Individual Reflection (Shaquille)

Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon?

Yes I do.

If so, how can you clear up your mind to fully listen?

I can pay attention to the person by looking at him directly, putting aside distracting thoughts, not mentally prepare a reply and by avoiding being distracted by environmental factors.

Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because  you are eager to share? 

Yes I do.

How can you channel you excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?

I can do so by being patient and think of a response after the person finishes talking.

What else can you do to prepare for conversation with others? 

I can come up with responses that I could expect while talking to them.

Can we ask them up front what they are looking for? 

Yes, but we should make some small talk so that they do not feel bad or embarrassed.

How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?

It is quite annoying to me as I would forget what I wanted to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment