Tuesday 7 May 2013

Individual reflection

Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon?
Yes

If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
I should calm myself down,think carefully about my thoughts and say whatever I wanted to say

Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share?
No

How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
I can do that by waiting for the right opportunity to arise before sharing what I thought

What else can you do to prepare for conversations with others?
We can  prepare what questions we would expect from the audience.

Can we ask them up front what they are looking for? (advice, a sounding board, solutions)

Most of the time, yes. Some people may feel uncomfortable saying the exact point and would prefer the one they are talking to to understand what they say.


How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
Extremely annoying if it is repeated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment