Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening (Ryan)

Do you ever find yourself speaking up to soon?
Sometimes I find myself voicing out without thinking, and the impulsiveness is less than welcome.

If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
Personally, I prefer not listening to the person in the first place if the person is not important  or if the subject we are talking about is irrelevant or unimportant, as your mind will "shut down".

Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share?
I rarely find myself in that situation, but I sometimes do. 

How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
We exercise this self control by suppressing the urge to share. 

What else can you do to prepare for conversations with others?
We can constantly remind ourselves what we were discussing and the topics that are relevant to the person you will be talking too

Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
No.

How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
I will derail my train of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment