Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening

Qn:   Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon?
Ans: Yes.

Qn:   If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
Ans: By putting my thoughts to the back of my head and listen to the other party.

Qn:   Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in to because you are eager to share?
Ans: Yes.

Qn:  How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
Ans: Listen to see if we have any common points and if we have anything in common we could talk about it together.

Qn:  What else can you do to prepare for conversation ans with others?
Ans: We can ask proper questions at the right times.

Qn:  Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
Ans: It depends on who we are talking to. If we know the other party, then it is alright to ask them. However, it also depends on the types of questions that we are going to ask.

Qn:  How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thoughts?
Ans: It makes me feel as though the other person has no manners. It makes me feel upset that I am not able to state my full point or opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment